** Applicants who are using SATNAV or any other GPS Device while driving are requested to use M43 6BE /M43 6BA to locate the new office exactly.
Contact Number : + (44) 0161-3710577
Applicant/s is/are advised to use Internet Explorer while doing online application for VISA in order to avoid security message
Machine Readable Visa
Incomplete Application could delay the processing time for the required Visa. Please submit the complete application.
VISA PROCESSING TIME =aprx. 5 ( five aprx. ) Working Days
If you are a British-Bangladeshi and holding a valid British passport, you are eligible for a long-term ‘No Visa Required (NVR)’ sticker for visiting Bangladesh. Please see below to know how to apply for a ‘NVR’ sticker. Others please follow the guidelines provided below.
To apply for Bangladesh visa, applicant must submit followings to the Assistant High Commission.
1. Please fill up the online application form from below link and print out the hard copy of submitted application form that contains bar code in the 4th page. Applicant needs to give sign in the 3rd page after printing out the application form. Parent can give sign in the case of under aged children with providing valid document of parent/s.
A) Online Machine Readable Application for Visa And No Visa Sticker. Applicant needs to print out the submitted application form which has bar code with reference number starting with OA00000…. in the 4th page.
B) Applicant needs to print out the submitted application form which has bar code with reference number starting with OA00000…. in the 4th page.Machine Readable Visa application Form. ( Application Form )
2. 1 (one) recent passport size photograph.
3. Original Passport along with documentary evidence of identification in support of various types of application. Please see below.
Note that: Applicant/s living United Kingdom holding with different countries passport need to submit photocopy/is of their resident permit or valid Visa Status and proof of address along with photocopy/ies while submitting the application in the Mission.
|Type of the Visa||Requirements||Duration of Visa||Entry Type|
|No Visa Sticker||Applicant born in Bangladesh but now holding different country’s passport (except SAARC)
1. Photocopy of Previous Bangladeshi Passport Pages OR2. Bangladeshi 17 digit verified Birth Certificate along with applicant’s parent’s Bangladeshi passport photocopy( from hard cover to 5/7 th page) ** Applicable only for the Applicant under age 15. OR 3. Photocopy of Previous British Passports’ Photo pages and No Visa page along with Passport
Applicant/s: not born in Bangladesh
4. Photocopy of UK Detailed Birth Certificate ( Including Parent’s Name), and photocopy/s of either Parent’s Bangladeshi passport ( all information Pages) or copy of UK Passport’s photo pages along with copy of No Visa Page. ***Please note that if both the parent, born outside of Bangladesh and possess no Bangladeshi Passport, at least one parent must complete process of Bangladeshi passport for them while applying for NO VISA STICKER OR 5. Transfer of No Visa Required to new passport Please submit the following /s along with application. —Copy of previous passport’s photo page —Copy of previous passport’s No Visa page ***Note that applicant(s) under the age of 15 must submit copy of photo page of valid BD/UK passport of either parent. 6.Other country’s (except UK) passport holders are requested to submit 1 ( one) recent UK proof of address and valid document/s of permission of staying in this country. 7.Applicants who are not British Bangladeshi by ethnicity but married to Bangladeshi person require to submit Spouse’s Valid Bangladeshi passport along with Marriage Certificate attested with UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.8.Name change deed made by solicitor must be submitted if applicant’s name differ in the previous documents. For full/ Major Change, the deed must be attested by UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office
|Business Visa||1.Original Letter from concerning business organisation in the UK. 2. Original copy Invitation letter from Bangladeshi organisation mentoring applicant’s Identity ( scan/photocopy of invitation letter will not be accepted), 3. Proof of Address ( e.g. Driving License or any Utility Bill). 4.Photocopy of previous Visa ( if any). 5. ** Original Letter from related Ministry’s Authorisation in the case of 1 year or more Multiple Entry||Variable||1. Single 2.Multiple|
|Tourist Visa||1. Confirmation of Hotel Booking & Ticket Booking. 2. Invitation letter from Bangladesh if the purpose of visit is friend’s/ extended family visit ( Original letter with signature). 3. Proof of Address ( e.g. Driving License or any Utility Bill). 4.Photocopy of previous Visa ( if any). 5. Valid Passport Photocopy/ Voter ID card of of inviting Person 6. Applicant’s employment letter.||Maximum Two Months||Single|
|Employment Visa||1. Confirmation letter from the Employer( original). 2. Approval letter from relevant Ministry or Board of Investment or Export Processing Zone in Bangladesh ( original). 3. Proof of Address ( e.g. Driving License or any Utility Bill). 4.Photocopy of previous Visa ( if any) 5. Appointment letter or Contract papers with full terms and conditions||—–||——|
|Student Visa||1. Proof of Letter from Govt. approved educational Institution where the applicant has got admitted or going to be admitted in Bangladesh.2. Sponsorship letter from concern educational institute of Bangladesh. 3. Bank Statement (Last three months). 4. Applicant must bring the Student ID with a photocopy.||—–||Multiple Entry|
|Research Visa||1. Original letter of concerned organization / institution from Bangladesh with the approval letter from respective ministry.2.Original letter from concerned organization / institution mentioning in what purpose the applicant is interested to attend Research / training / Intern ship.3. Original letter from Employer/ organization where the applicant belongs to.||—–||——|
|Visa for Journalists||1. Support letter from related organization desiring the purpose of his visit.2. Documents for which the Press Section will be in a position to guide time to time. ** Please contact us before submission of the Visa. /th>||—–||——|
|Visa for NGO||1. A certified letter from concern NGO of Bangladesh which should be dully attested by NGO affairs bureau, Dhaka, Bangladesh.2. Appointment letter with full terms and conditions from the NGO where the applicant is going to join.3. Letter from present employer where the applicant belongs to.||—–||——|
|Diplomatic Visa||Note Verbal or official letter from concern Embassy/ office/organization.||—–||——|
|Visa for Bishwa Ijtema||1. Original letter from local Tableague Jamaat Markaz. 2. Original invitation letter from central Tableague Markaz in Dhaka, bangladesh. 3. Letter from applicant’s work place or ID card for self employed person. 4. Proof of address. 5.Applicant’s physical presence is necessary.||Single Entry||——|
Note that: Cheque/ credit card payment / cash will not be accepted as the Visa Processing Fees.
Visa Processing Fees.
Visa Sticker Fees:To check visa application fees, please contact to consular service or click here to check only Visa Fees.
No Visa Required (NVR) Sticker Fees: £46.00 /- of each application.
1) Debit card ( In person Submission).
2) Postal Order Payable to “ Bangladesh Assistant High Commission, Manchester”.
3) Bank Draft.
Consular Timing for the Applicant:
Application Submission time (Except Public Holiday/s and bank Holiday):
1) In person:
Monday to Thursday: 10:00 hrs -13:00 hrs
Friday: 10:00 hrs – 12:30 hrs
2) By Post: Please send prepaid Next Day recorded delivery return envelop along with your application.
Service receiving/collecting Time for the Applicant: Monday to Friday 15:30 hrs – 17:00 hrs (Except Public Holiday/s and bank Holiday).