If a Bangladeshi national
– has an old hand-written passport either valid or expired;
– does not have hand-written passport but has other relevant documents to establish his/her Bangladeshi nationality;
– so far did not obtain an MRP;
may apply for a new MRP.
A Bangladeshi citizen who has an old hand-written passport or never applied for machine readable passport (MRP).
Step-1: Filling in Online MRP Application
Please fill-in the online MRP Application form and submit it (when generated).
Before submission, please carefully check the spelling & accuracy of the information you have provided and bring a print out of the dully filled-in submitted MRP application with barcode.
Step-2: Booking Online Appointment
Please <Click here> for MRP appointment. Please ignore the auto generated appointment (if any) that may appear on your application form.
Please carefully note the following-
- Without prior appointment, no application will be accepted
- Bring a print out of the appointment schedule
Step-3: Submission of MRP related documents
MRP applicant must come to the Assistant High Commission in person along with required documents and fees at as per pre-scheduled appointment date and time.
Please carefully note the followings-
- An interview may be required prior to data enrolment if any anomaly / anomalies found in the supporting documents;
- The Assistant High commission reserves all rights to accept/ reject an MRP application and request for any additional document(s) at any stage of MRP process for necessary scrutiny.
Step-4: Biometric Enrolment
MRP applicant is required to come to the Assistant High Commission with adequate time in hand as the whole process of enrolment might take at least an hour.
- Applicant’s finger prints, signature on the electronic pad and photograph will be taken at the bio-enrolment booth;
- The applicant should retain the delivery slip carefully without which MRP will not be delivered. If lost, a lost report from the concerned police office is mandatory to collect the MRP.
Step-5: MRP processing time and delivery of passport
Normally an MRP is ready for delivery within 8 to 10 weeks from the date of enrolment. However, due to police verification or inaccuracy of the information provided by the applicant, it may take longer time than expected.
Please ignore the auto generated delivery date appears on the delivery slip.
Once Mission receives the passport from the DIP/Dhaka, the applicant will be informed/notified to collect the passport in person on any working day between 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm (Monday-Friday).
Please note the following-
- MRP will be handed over together with the old passport (with necessary observation seal);
- MRP will be sent by post only if the applicant requested for the same during MRP enrolment. Without prior consent to do so, MRP will not be sent by post.
- Unless a person is authorized during MRP application and enrolment to receive the MRP on applicant’s behalf, the applicant must come in person to receive his/her MRP.
– Printed copy of duly filled-in and signed Online MRP Application Form;
– Bangladeshi National ID Card or Bangladesh Birth Certificate with 17 digit Birth Registration no.;
– Existing Bangladesh passport along with photocopy (page 1-7);
– 01 (one) recent Photograph;
– Student ID card along with a letter from school (If the applicant is a student)
– UK Proof of address such as Latest Bank Statement/ OR Council Tax/ H M Revenue statement / OR Gass bill/ Electricity bill/ water bill/( Not more that 3 months old) OR Driving License Copy.
NB: 1. Applicant who does not have a Bangladesh Birth Certificate with 17-digit Birth Registration no., should obtain the same from their respective City Corporation, Municipality or Union Council in Bangladesh prior to initiating their MRP application. This Mission may also process the Birth Registration for those who are not in a position to obtain the same from Bangladesh.
NB: 2. Photograph
- Recent passport-size photograph (45X35 mm) with white background.
- If the applicant is a child under the age of 15, parents’ photographs should be affixed on the application form
- Child up to the age of 6 (six), one extra photograph is required for photo-scanning.