Data correction is required in case of inadvertent entry of wrong data/information or misspelling. Correction does not mean changing of information.
A Bangladeshi citizen who has an expired/ valid MRP.
Step-1: Data Correction in MRP Application
Please manually fill-in MRP Re-issue Application form.
Step-2: Booking Online Appointment
Please <Click here> for MRP appointment. Please ignore the auto generated appointment (if any) that may appear on your application form.
Please carefully note the followings-
- Without prior appointment, no application will be accepted
- Bring a print out of the appointment schedule
Step-3: Submission of MRP related documents
MRP applicant must come to the Assistant High Commission in person along with required documents and fees as per pre-scheduled appointment date and time.
Please carefully note the following-
- An interview may be required prior to data enrolment if any anomaly / anomalies found in the supporting documents;
- The Assistant High commission reserves all rights to accept/ reject the MRP application and request for any additional document(s) at any stage of MRP process for necessary scrutiny.
Step-4: Biometric Enrolment
MRP applicant is required to come to the Assistant High Commission with adequate time in hand as the whole process of enrolment might take at least an hour.
- Applicant’s finger prints, signature on the electronic pad and photograph will be taken at the bio-enrolment booth;
- The delivery slip should be kept carefully without which MRP will not be delivered. If lost, a lost report from the concerned police office is mandatory to collect the MRP.
Step-5: MRP processing time and delivery of passport
Normally an MRP is ready for delivery within 8 to 10 weeks from the date of enrolment. However, due to police verification or inaccuracy of the information provided by the applicant, it may take longer time than expected.
Please ignore the auto generated delivery date appears on the delivery slip.
Once the Mission receives the passport from the DIP/Dhaka, the applicant will be informed/notified to collect the passport in person on any working day between 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm (Monday-Friday).
Please carefully note the followings-
- MRP will be handed over together with the old passport (with necessary observation seal);
- MRP will be sent by post only if the applicant requested for the same during MRP enrolment. Without prior consent to do so, MRP will not be sent by post.
- Unless a person is authorized during MRP application and enrolment to receive the MRP on applicant’s behalf, the applicant must come in person to receive his/her MRP.
a) Duly fill-in MRP Application form.;
b) One recent passport-size photograph (45X35 mm);
c) Original MRP along with a photocopy;
d) UK Proof of address such as Latest Bank Statement/ OR Council Tax/ H M Revenue statement / OR Gass bill/ Electricity bill/ water bill/( Not more that 3 months old) OR Driving License Copy;
|SL.||Subject||Document required for data correction processing MRP|
|1.||a) Change of name for self/ parents /spouse (full)
b) Change of name for self/ parents/ spouse (partial)
c) Change of date of birth
|No application related to complete changes of applicant’s antecedent (i.e. Name of applicant/ father/ mother) and date of birth will be received (As per office order/letter of the DIP: 58.01.0000.202.78.001.18-925, date: 07/03/2018 and 58.01.0000.202.78.001.18-240, date: 18/01/2018 )|| 1) Manually filled in Data Correction Form.
2) A photo copy of the previous MRP (For new application)
1. Physical presence of the applicant at the Assistant High Commission. Applicant needs to face an interview in the Assistant High Commission, if required.
2. In case of reissue, only the copy of the old MRP have to be attached with reissue form. Please stick recent photograph of the applicant on the top left corner of the application form
|2.||Change of permanent address||—||Police verification certificate from Bangladesh|
|3.||Change of marital status||—||Registered Marriage/Divorce Certificate (as appropriate)|
|4.||Change of passport type||—||1) Approval letter from Ministry of Home Affairs (from Official to Ordinary)
2) NOC from competent authority (from Ordinary to Official )
|5.||Change of profession||—||1) For technical personnel like Doctor, Engineer etc: education/ professional certificate.
2) For other professions: appropriate letter from the competent authority.