** Ramadan Office Timing
The Consular hours will be as follows:
Application Receiving Time: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm (All consular services except MRP appointment for Biometric)
Service Delivery Time: 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Machine Readable Passport (MRP)
Incomplete Application could delay the processing time for the required Service. Please submit the complete application.
Applicant/s is/are advised to use Internet Explorer while doing online application for Machine Readable Passport in order to avoid security message
Please Book an appointment either over phone or from office before filling up online application for Manchester Mission.
MRP Application Process:
Process of Renew Machine Readable Passport (MRP) :
All applicants who have MRP passport, now need to renew are requested to check their Personal ID No :Total digit should be either 13 or 17 digit: IF any other count except that need to be corrected from their own City Council/ Ward/ Union Parishad from where they have made their personal Id before in order to make the appointment renewing MRP passport with this Mission.
** Complete filled up and printed MRP Application Form. (Please use all of the information/s which are in their MRP Passport to fill up online application form )
Process of New Machine Readable Passport (MRP) :
Guidelines to obtain the Machine Readable Passport (MRP).
1. The Applicant has to fill up online Application : www.dip.gov.bd and bring the printout along with recent UK passport size photograph to the Mission on the appointed date. or
2. Complete filled up and printed MRP Application Form. (Please See Steps to fill up application form for MRP in the next Paragraph)
3. Bangladeshi National ID card or 17 digit generated Birth Identification number for verification check please visit Bangladesh Birth Registration Portal ( if already obtained Birth Identification number). Note that: Not verified number cannot be used to make MRP passport.
4. If the applicant does not have the 17th digit verified number, please apply for the Interim Birth Certificate From Manchester Office before proceed the MRP.
5. A copy of UK proof of Address such as Latest Bank Statement/ OR any Bill Copy/ OR Council Tax Copy/ OR Driving License Copy.
Online Application : www.dip.gov.bd and bring the printout along with recent UK Passport size photograph to the Mission on the appointed date.
Steps to complete ONLINE MRP (Machine Readable Passport) Application form
1. Open online Application : www.dip.gov.bd Read the Guidelines for online application form in Bangla.
2. Read the guidelines for filling up the application and check the box for accepting the terms and conditions.
3. Applicants are requested to enter applicant’s year of birth and followed by 13 times zero ( thirteen) times 0 (Zero) in the Birth ID No field (for example if someone’s year of birth is 1935 then it should be 19350000000000000) if
a. They are applying the MRP in the Manchester Office and
b. Who do not have National ID card with them and
c. Already been applied for Birth ID No in the Manchester Office previously.
Steps to complete the MRP Application form:
a. Please visit www.passport.gov.bd the application form from Bangladesh Assistant High Commission, Manchester .
b. Fill the application carefully along with recent UK Passport size photograph.
c. Please provide the proof of Adress ( for UK living such as any latest bill copy or council tax copy or driving license copy).
d. For children or dependant please provide both of parents’ photograph along with their valid passports’ photocopy and copy of detailed Birth Certificate, where both the parents’ names are written.
e. For Student Discount, the Applicant needs to provide the latest student proof along with their form.
MRP Reissue / correction/ Alteration Application form:
Please download the form and bring when you are coming for Reissue to the Premises: Correction / Alteration/ Reissue Form
MRP Application Process:
Note that: Cheque/ credit card payment / cash will not be accepted as the Processing Fees.
1) Debit card ( In person Submission).
2) Postal Order Payable to “ Bangladesh Assistant High Commission, Manchester”.
3) Bank Draft.
4) By Post: Please bring prepaid Next Day recorded delivery return envelop along with your application while coming for Bio metric If any MRP applicant wants to receive his/her passport by post.
MRP Application Fees:
|Applicant Type||Delivery Type||Fees (Non Refundable £)||Time (Aprx.)|
|Regular||82.00||12 to 14 weeks|
|Express||164.00||6 to 8 weeks|
|Regular||25.00||12 to 14 weeks|
|Express||82.00||6 to 8 weeks|
** The Student must provide latest letter (not more than 3 months old) from the institution’s letter head pad that includes name, date of birth and passport number with the signature along with student Id Card in order to enjoy the student concession.
Consular Timing for the Applicant:
Application Submission time:
• The Applicants need to book an appointment for MRP application form submission.
• Please book for applying your Machine Readable Passport Appointment: Tel : 0161-236 4853
Service receiving / Applicant’s collection Time: Monday to Friday 15:30pm – 16:30pm (Except Public Holiday /s and bank Holiday). Service Delivery Time in Ramadan : Monday to Friday3:30 pm to 4:00 pm