** Applicants who are using SATNAV or any other GPS Device while driving are requested to use M43 6BE /M43 6BA to locate the new office exactly.
Contact Number : + (44) 0161-3710577
Applicant/s is/are advised to use Internet Explorer while doing online application for Machine Readable Passport in order to avoid security message
Machine Readable Passport (MRP)
Incomplete Application could delay the processing time for the required Service. Please submit the complete application.
MRP Application Process:
Process of New/ Renew Machine Readable Passport (MRP) :
Process of New Machine Readable Passport (MRP) :
Guidelines to obtain the Machine Readable Passport (MRP).
Documents Required for MRP:
- Applicant’s Bangladeshi Passport along with Photocopy from hard cover page to 5/7 page. ( Person who born in Bangladesh must have to present Bangladeshi Passport at the time of Biometric.)
Applicant who born in different country and does not have Previous Bangladeshi Passport:- Please go to the Section B
Applicant who are born in Bangladesh but has lost the Bangladeshi Passport OR does not have Previous Bangladeshi Passport:- Please go to the Section C
Applicant who has Bangladeshi Passport but now is in Home Office for Immigration reason but need to Do the MRP/ Reissue the MRP:- Please go to the Section D
- Bangladeshi 13 digit National ID card or 17 digit generated Birth Identification number (For MRP reissue please check your Personal No whether it is either 13 or 17 digit. If not then the applicant needs to correct the personal No to 17 digit from his/her previous issuing place. Note that personal No with 16 digit can not able to reissue ) for verification check please visit Bangladesh Birth Registration Portal ( if already obtained Birth Identification number). Note that: Not verified Birth Id number cannot be used to make MRP passport.
If the applicant does not have the 17th digit online verified number, please apply for the Birth Registration From Manchester Mission before proceed the MRP.
- A copy of UK proof of Address such as Latest Bank Statement/ OR Council Tax/ H M Revenue statement / OR Gass bill/ Electricity bill/ water bill/( Not more that 3 months old) OR Driving License Copy.
The Applicant has to fill up online Application : www.dip.gov.bd and bring the printout ( 4 Pages with Bar code on the front right corner of the 1st page). OR
- Complete filled up and printed MRP Application Form. (Please See Steps to fill up application form for MRP in the Appendix Section). For MRP Reissue Please download (MRP Reissue)the application form and fill up with capital letter.
- Recent UK passport size photograph. Applicant who is under 15 years old needs to bring their parent’s passport size photograph each. In case if infant/ toddler (age is less than three) please bring 2 ( two) copies of UK passport size size photograph
- Please Check Office times and List of holidays before booking the appointment by clicking here.
- Please read carefully clause 1-6 before proceed for appointment. For appointment <Please Click here>.
Bangladeshi Passport for Newly Born Applicant / Applicant who born in different country than Bangladesh :
Requirement for Bangladesh Passport for New Born Baby:
- a. Child’s presence is necessary
- b. Parent’s Bangladesh passports (In case of Mother’s passport : if husband’s name is not written in Mother’s passport and the mother wants to write child’s father’s name in the child’s new passport then the parents’ original marriage certificate along with photocopy must be submitted with the application).
- c. Child’s detailed Birth Certificate (where parents’ name and details are included), along with photocopy
- d. Follow the steps for Machine Readable Passport.
* Birth Registration is mandatory before or when processing for Bangladesh passport.
Requirements for Birth Certificate
a. Child’s Detailed Birth Certificate issued by local authorities (where parents’ name and details are included) with photocopy.
b. Parents’ Bangladesh passport with photocopies of the information pages.
c. Filled in Birth Registration Application Form. (Please Download )
d. 1 (one) passport sized photographs of the child.
e. Fee (Non-refundable): £ 4.00.
f. Applicant’s UK or any other country’s passport photocopy (if any).
g.Birth Registration Certificate Delivery 5-7 working days after the submission of Application. Please collect the certificate before booking online application for MRP
Requirement of British Born 2nd / 3rd Generation’s Bangladesh Passport for British born 2nd/3rd Generation:
a. Applicant’s presence is necessary
b. Parents’ Bangladesh passports with photocopy.
c. Applicant’s Birth Certificate (Detailed) with photocopy.
d. Applicant’s British Police Clearance (CRB), if the applicant is over 18 years.
e. Applicant’s British Passport with photocopy.
f. Follow the steps for Machine Readable Passport.
MRP Passport against a lost passport (Hand Written / MRP):
a. Police Report in the nearest Police Station in proper format (a letter expressing Lost Reference No; Date; Police Station Name with contact details )or from online generated report from the site www.reportmyloss.com .
b. Physical presence of the applicant in the Assistant High Commission for interview/ Biometric.
c. On line MRP Application form MRP Application Form.
d. Copy of previous passport from hard cover page to 5th or 6th page (If any)
e. Copy of Union Porishodh / Chairman Certificate (In case of Applicant does not have copy of lost Bangladeshi passport)
f. National ID Card or 17 digit generated online verified Birth Certificate from Bangladesh along with verified print out copy.
g. UK Proof of Address.
h. One recent UK passport size photograph. Applicant who is under 15 years old needs to bring their parent’s passport size photograph each. In case if infant/ toddler (age is less than three) please bring 2 ( two) copies of UK passport size size photograph.
I. Please Check Office times and List of holidays before booking the appointment by clicking here.
J. Please read carefully clause 1-6 before proceed for appointment. For appointment <Please Click here>.
** Please Note that the Applicant needs to hand in the additional document later on based on the interview in the consular section.
MRP Passport against Home office reference:
Requirements for Issue of New Passport Against Home Office reference:
a.Physical presence of the applicant in the Assistant High Commission for interview
b. An original Home Office letter mentioning the name and passport number of the applicant /copy of passport certified by the Home Office (in case the passport is retained by the Home office).
c. If the letter from Home Office is more than 6 months old than Please provide an additional letter from related authority.
d. 17 (Seventeen) digit on line verified Birth Certificate from Bangladesh along with the printout of verified page.
e. Photocopy of previous passport.
Steps to fill up the online MRP Application Form:
- Please select United Kingdom in the field of <applying in>; ordinary in the field of < passport type> (if the applying person is not in government service/ defence/ diplomatic service of Bangladesh Government)
- If any applicant is having other country’s passport except Bangladesh then it needs to be declared in Dual Citizenship field as yes and give that passport copy along with the MRP Application form.
- Overseas Address is the Applying Country’s Address.
- Permanent address should be according to Bangladesh passport’s permanent address. In case of new born Child, the permanent address will be her/his parent’s Bangladesh passport’s permanent Address.
- The dual nationality should be declared if the applicant has another country’s passport as well along with her/his passport’s photocopy.
- Skip uploading photograph as applicant needs to bring latest photograph while biometric information will be collected.
- The payment section needs to be selected as non-online and skip payment needs to be checked as well and then continue to save and next till the applicant reached to submit button.
** Note that after submission no change is allowed and applicant needs to download and print total 4 (four) pages filled up application that has bar code, in the top-right corner of the first page of the form.
Data Correction in MRP (spelling mistake only) :
1) Data Correction is required when an MRP has been inadvertently printed with wrong data. Mention able, data correction should not be mingled with changing of information which requires proper document to do so.
2) Requirements for data Correction In MRP.
a.Manually filled Data Correction Form (Download form).
b.A Photocopy of the previous MRP.
Amendment/s to Bangladeshi Passport :
Applicant is requested to make amendment if needed prior to do MRP (Machine Readable Passport) :
**Due to some personal circumstances an applicant may like to change some of the information in the MRP. But it is not possible to change such information manually in MRP rather a new MRP will be required. To change information like changing of names, permanent address, profession, age, marital status, the following supporting documents must be provided:
** All of the required document/s must be attested from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before submission to the Assistant High Commission.
Correction in Misspelled Name OR Misspelled Parent’s Name in MRP Passport: (spelling mistake only)
|SL No||Subject||Document/s Required||Time Remarks|
|1.||Correction(spelling mistake only) of name(s)||I. National ID card (NID)
II. Birth Certificate.
III. Educational Certificate
IV. Affidavit from 1st class magistrate in Bangladesh following by the attestation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh.
|Minimum one original document is Required|
3) Applicant is requested to book the appointment before coming to the office.
Note that: Cheque/ credit card payment / cash will not be accepted as the Processing Fees.
1) Debit card ( In person Submission).
2) Postal Order Payable to “ Bangladesh Assistant High Commission, Manchester”.
3) Bank Draft.
4) By Post: Please bring prepaid Next Day recorded delivery return envelop along with your application while coming for Bio metric If any MRP applicant wants to receive his/her passport by post.
MRP Application Fees:
|Applicant Type||Delivery Type||Fees (Non Refundable £)||Time (Aprx.)|
|Regular||92.00||12 to 14 weeks|
|Regular||30.00||12 to 14 weeks|
** The Student must provide latest letter (not more than 3 months old) from the institution’s letter head pad that includes name, date of birth and passport number with the signature along with student Id Card in order to enjoy the student concession.
Consular Timing for the Applicant:
Application Submission time:
• The Applicants need to book an appointment for MRP application form submission.
• Book the Appointment Date and Time <Please Click here>with us and bring the confirmation of the print out. Please be advised that the Applicant need to present the Mission at least 15 min before to the appointment time.
Service receiving / Applicant’s collection Time:
Application Receiving Time: For appointment <Please Click here>
Monday to Friday 15:30 hrs– 17:00 hrs (Except Public Holiday /s and bank Holiday).